Kimmo Sakari Halonen
Ph.D. Student, M.Sc.
Finite element modeling of articular cartilage
+358 50 3580102
- Date of birth:
12 April 1985
- Current research interests:
Evaluating the compression of articular cartilage during long-term standing, and comparing the results with our FE model.
- Master of Science, Uni of Jyväskylä 2010
- Bachelor of Science, Uni of Jyväskylä 2010
- Baccalaureate, Lyseo High School of Kuopio, 2004
- Language proficiency:
- Finnish, native language
- English, fluent
- Japanese, good
- Swedish, fairly good
- French, fair
- ABAQUS FE modelling
- Matlab programming
- Mimics segmentation
- Slicer 3D
Jogging (how original), Mahjong, drawing
(full papers, conference proceedings)
- Halonen KS, Mononen ME, Töyräs J, Jurvelin JS, Korhonen RK, Importance of depth-wise distribution of collagen and proteoglycans in articular cartilage-A 3D finite element study of stresses and strains in human knee joint. Journal of Biomechanics (in press), 2013.